Thursday, May 17, 2007

only loneliness

at this moment i am alone in my room...

In the past I was in the company of many friends,
and i enjoyed it.
but occasionally...
the stress of a social life
and its responsibilities took its toll,

and there was a longing for solitude.
a break to be alone and contemplate,
a time of rest so that i can find that peaceful center within,
before returning to a social environment.

at this moment i am alone in my room.
For the past year i have been in the company of my wife,
and i enjoyed it.
but occasionally...
the stress of married life
and its responsibilities takes its toll,

and one would expect a longing for solitude.
i get a moment to be alone in my room...
...but there is no rest.
...and there is no peace.
...only loneliness.

i long for the company of my wife.
i have fallen in love with her.
i guess solitude is not for lovers.
she is my peaceful center within.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen.