Thursday, October 6, 2005

measurements and a mid term

how can measurements be such a hard thing to get? i needed to have myself measured for my wedding clothes. I also had to recommend a Sherwani style i like. I said i'd do it by friday... of LAST WEEK!! Last Friday, on the due date, I started carying around, in my back pocket, a printout of the measurement form my fiance e-mailed me. my future in-laws needed them ASAP to give to a tailor. I just needed to find someone to take them so that i could send the reply. It didn't happen. I don't know why? I would arrive home with the form still in my back pocket, empty! WHY?? How hard is it to stop at some dry cleaner or... AHAA!! A MACY's behind the wall of the construction site that i've been going to for the past week for building inspections... I'm such a moron.... so, a couple of hours ago, I FINALLY GOT THEM! I finished making the cylinders for the pour going on, and I loaded the concrete cylinders made the previous day. I completed my structural inspections. I signed the log at the trailer. and I hosed off my boots (including the dirt and concrete on the bottom of my pants). and I went to the nice clean MACY's suit section for measurements. I had left the house in the morning and now it was already 2pm. no time to go to the office today. Now... I wanted to get to the unversity a little early so that I could do some last minute review of my notes before the Mid-Term at 3pm. But NO! I must get those measurements.... Its been little things like this that kept me from being able to get the measurements before. Its hard when everything is a priority. It becomes so stressful that nothing stays a priority for more then a brief moment in my mind and everything becomes a drag.... Eventhough its an hour drive from the construction site to campus, I wish i was able to drive in a thunderstorm and study at the same time. I try, I attempt to open my notebook... DAMN!! its not going to work. Its raining too hard... It is said that a successful marriage is about compromise and sacrifice (it is especially true for the wedding itself). my mid-term had to take the hit this time. I don't mind. (I can say this after its over now, luckily it wasn't too hard.)...

I have so much i need to do i guess it would help if i take a moment to jot them down: (in no particular order, other then how they come to mind) 1.get the rolls brakes fixed. 2.get the pool fixed 3.get the house landscaping finished 4.get the office construction done-decide on what i want to do about the construction permit -now mind goes blank... think think 5.get done with choosing the place for the wedding reception in miami -mind goes blank... think think 6.make diagrams needed for my thesis site study 7.finish finding the climate data and wind directions for miami of my site study... mind goes blank... think think... 8.finish cleaning out the closets, dependant upon on the sorting of the garage 9. finish sorting the garage, dependant upon fixing the rolls (OK i guess not, i can just pull it out of the garage until the next hurricane warning) 10.finish fixing the boat 11.decide what to do with the boat, should i sell it? the rent is too much for it to just sit there all the time not being used... think think what else do i have to do... oh yeah, 12.return Jihad's file on AMILA(i've had it since before he left Austin) 13.finish the hadith table i'm making for my sunday school students 14.finish dealing with the partition issue for the the school 15.finish the cost/benefit analysis on school space options 16.start writing the paper due on tuesday for theory class 17.start working on the project due for professional practice class ...think think what else do i have to do... 18........i think about the wedding in pakistan... what do i have to do for that... what do i do to gain some trust with mehreen... 18. buy a phone card to be able to call mehreen more often... 19.tell everyone to stop backbiting and gossiping and second quessing each others intentions............ 20.deal with the loan issue to pay off the property 21.get Ragiv to give me an update on the finances of the company 22.finish with dealing with Basit and the company marketing brochure 23.... i guess thats all that comes to mind right now, but i have a feeling there is more... i'll continue this list later... actually i'll post an update to this list with everything prioritized and check off which ones are complete and which ones still need to start...

No comments: